Thursday 8 November 2007

Gorilla surprise turns out to be a stripper in school

After a visit this morning to the hygienist, I thought that I would have a relaxed lunch and read the paper while eating my sandwich.

I have stopped buying a daily paper as I a) don't find the time to read one every day and b) don't believe half the rubbish in them anyway, but James has started walking the two mile round trip to our nearest shop to buy The Times, so I thought 'what the hell'.

Imagine my delight when in amongst the latest awful news from around the world I came across the following headline Gorilla surprise turns out to be a stripper in school

Apparently a Mum thought that she would surprise her son for his birthday by sending a gorillagram to his school, unfortunately the agency mistakenly sent a strippergram who proceeded to 'punish' the poor lad before she stripped of in front of his classmates. As embarrassing Mothers go even I can't beat that!!

I think that my worst offence was one time, when my son was being a little horror on the school run, I threatened him, not with physical violence, but that I would kiss him in the school playground, in front of all of his friends, before waving him into class crying 'have a good day Darling, Mummy loves you' But I'm sure that James and Lesley have been sufficiently scared for life by me to tell of lots of times when they hung their heads in shame and wished that I was anywhere else but there!

No comments: