Tuesday 27 November 2007

Christmas Planner

This weekend we are going over to York for the St Nicholas Fayre. It's lovely in York at this time of year and extra special for us because we get to spend time with Lesley and Lawrence. I'm not sure how much Christmas shopping we will get done as it can get really crowded around the stalls and shops but that isn't really the point of the trip. We just love wondering around looking at all the lovely sites and taking in the whole festive atmosphere of the place and when it all gets too hectic we will hopefully find a nice little pub where we can all enjoy lunch together.

I am in fact quite well organised for Christmas this year. I hate leaving things to the last minute when the shops become frantic with angry Mothers, crying kids and bored fathers because I love buying people presents. I spend hours planning what I want to get everyone and I love it when there are little ones to buy for. Generally I try to be the kind of Auntie that makes the parents groan when their children unwrap their presents of a noisy drum kit or a chemistry set with lots of messy gunk to experiment with. And if you ask my grown up nieces and nephews, whose children are such a joy to buy for, you will probably find that I am succeeding. Christmas night just wouldn't be the same without the groans of 'Auntie Joyce has bought you what?

I think that I should go into business- That Bl****y Auntie Christmas Planner- then Aunties everywhere could buy unsuitable gifts for their loved ones without ever leaving the house. All I would need from them is a list of the children's ages/hobbies/likes and dislikes and shed loads of money to go out and have fun with. (I think I'm on to winner here!)

No comments: