Tuesday 9 October 2007

Visit to the Dentist

Sod's law, the one day in six years (much to my shame) that I have to go to the dentist, I wake up with a horrible cold.

Needless to say the dentist spent 10 minutes telling me off for leaving it so long between appointments, I threatened to pass on my cold if he carried on nagging me but he just laughed and told me that all dentists are immune to germs. I think they are only immune because they are the sons of Satan and nothing short of a wooden stake will finish them off.

You may have gathered from this that I have a love hate relationship with my dentist. On the one hand he is a lovely chap and was very kind and gentle with the kids when they were growing up. On the other hand I have a morbid terror of all things dental, from the noise of the drill down to the taste of the mouthwash. Even the chair tilting back is guaranteed to make me break out in a sweat!

Kevin (the dentist) calls me a wimp but has promised that the schedule of works that we will be looking at will be (probably) pain free but possibly on going....I only went in with a broken filling...

No comments: