Monday 15 October 2007

Nail Surgery

Last Friday, I had what I hope, was the last operation I need on my feet, at least for the next few years.

One of the problems with having a wonky foot straightened is that it throws up problems in other places. In my case it highlighted amongst other things the fact that I have one leg slightly shorter than the other and that the ligaments in my toes are shot to hell.

Now I have special orthotics made for my (not so pretty) shoes I am walking straight but my big toes have been really painful with numerous corn type things growing along both edges of each nail. So last Friday I had the nails cut away to make them narrower and had the bed of the nail zapped so the nail doesn't grow back again.

I just hope that the weather stays mild so that I can carry on wearing my glamorous flip flops without getting frostbite.

PS... Sorry if you were eating your lunch while reading this
PPS...Don't worry there won't be any pictures!!

No comments: