Saturday 2 February 2008

Son going round the world - Mother going round the bend

You would have been very proud of me, I stood at the station and waved James off without disgracing myself, no tears on the platform - although the wind was blowing straight up the Mersey and any tears would probably have been blown off my face anyway!

As we speak James is winging his way to Thailand for the first stop on his round the world trip. It's very easy for a Mum to forget that her kids are grown ups. I suppose that it's because we look at them and see the little monsters they used to be but James is 22 now and I was a married woman at that age. I wonder if my Mum still thought of me as a ten year old with a pony tail and scabby knees when I was in my twenties?

I've just looked at the weather forecast for Bangkok - 30 degrees and rain for the next two days - well I suppose the rain will make it feel like home even if the temperature doesn't -it's been freezing here and this morning we've even had snow!

(I'm having great fun watching one chap trying to drive out of the road - so far he has had three attempts at getting up the hill and is now stuck half way up with a small audience offering advice - I bet he's thrilled!)

No comments: