Tuesday 26 February 2008

It's early, I'm tired and I'm having a rant

I have just published Episode 15 of Spanish Steps (Sophie is over in Spain for Martin's party but is acting like a queen bitch to her long suffering mother) and thought that I would check my hotmail while the puppies are quiet.

Here comes the rant...adverts on hotmail...specifically optical correction adverts...I wear glasses...I have no interest in having an operation to correct my sight...My life is not impaired in any way by wearing glasses (except when I open the oven door and they mist up)...I don't feel a freak because I wear glasses...Wearing glasses never stopped my from doing all the things I wanted to do...Before I was married wearing glasses NEVER stopped me getting a boy friend (believe me, it is a myth that boys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses) So why do these adverts insist that those of us who need face furniture are freaky specky four eyes who are just waiting for the day when they can face the world without glasses...And if this operation is so bloody good why do you see optitions in glasses?...rant over (the puppies are getting restless)

No comments: