Friday 17 August 2007

Zarautz



16th August

I think that we have brought the English summer with us to Northern Spain, changeable sums it up really. I´m not complaining, if it was wall to wall sunshine we probably wouldn´t be doing half as much as we are. Today, for example, we took a cab into Zarautz town. We did intend walking in via the cliffs but it had been raining in the night and the path was very slippy and I am a wuzz about heights at the best of times. It isn´t that I think I am going to fall, it is I KNOW that I Will slip, fall head first into the cliffs and die a slow and painful death.......I think they call it vertigo.

Zarautz is a lovely seaside town with a long promenade and a brilliant surfing beach. We spent a great afternoon having lunch on the prom and pottering about in the town.

I am really disappointed that I haven´t had any answers to the quiz the other day, do you remember? What is a weesee.............answer...........accoording to the little girl who was trying desperately to open all the doors in the sanitation block on the´strange´ campsite, it is a WC.....this multilingual business is easy when you know!!

Talking of loos, how is it that a Nation that has brought us the glory of Versailles, the chic of Channel and the heart stopping beauty of Paris, thinks that woman want to wee standing up??? We don´t, even little French girl´s don´t that´s why there is always a queue for the disabled toilets on the motorway Aires. I think that if all the women in France, French and Tourists alike boycott these abominations, maybe, just maybe, somebody will take the hint..........rant over.

No comments: