Monday 3 September 2007

Camping in Spain


I haven't been describing the campsites we have stayed at quite deliberately. There is nothing more boring than reading a list of campsite facilities but I think that Camping El Greco in Toledo deserves a special mention. It is probably one of the poshest that we have stayed in Spain. The loos and shower blocks are absolutely immaculate and the restaurant, with its terrace overlooking the city set high on the hillside was amazing.


We had a lovely pitch next to the river that runs around three sides of the city (a bit like Shrewsbury) and were able to sit at dusk with a glass of wine (or three) watching the hundreds of birds flying along the river.


To cool off after a hot day's sight seeing I thought that I would have my shower early this evening and was standing there under the powerful jet of cooling spray when I heard a man's voice inside the shower block....unusual to say the least but I thought that it might be a cleaner, until I realised that he was speaking French, and talking to his wife in the shower next to me............the next thing I knew was he had joined his wife in the shower and unless there is an eroticism to the contents of a salad bowl that I don't know about I think that they we just showering together (to save water?) and planning what they were going to have for dinner!!!!


All I can say is I've led a sheltered life............

No comments: