Monday 16 July 2007

John lights up the sky in Liverpool


I couldn't believe it when I saw the weather forecast for last Saturday, Warm and Sunny. After weeks of miserable rain, the day of Annita and John's retirement party was set for fine!!!

This has been a bumper year for parties in Lynwood Road. Starting with David's first communion, followed by Mike's 40th Birthday and now, to end the party season on a bang, Annita and John's retirement do.

Everyone had a fabulous afternoon and evening and the weather was so fine that we were able to stay out in the garden the whole time. Annita had gone to a lot of trouble to set the atmosphere , fairy lights around the fence, beautiful candles on all the tables and the food, well what can I say that hasn't been said before, truly scrumptious...............

It was great meeting their friends and work colleagues but the highlight for me was being able to spend the time with (most) of my nieces and nephews. They are all scattered around the country and it is hard to get everyone together at the same time but I was thrilled that Roni and Carl were able to make the party. It was lovely catching up with them and I know that some of their younger cousins, who only remember them from photos, really enjoyed seeing them.

During the evening I was chatting to Helen's Mum and she said something quite profound, we are so lucky with our families. Our kid's are a happy and well adjusted lot who have grown up knowing that they are part of a loving extended family. Well I would like to put it on record that I agree. Looking at some of the photos that Sue had decorated the house with, made you stop and realise that we have so many happy memories to share and I'm not sure if we all take the time to count our blessings often enough.

So here's a toast.....................Annita and John we all wish you a long, healthy and happy retirement together...............all our love.................THE FAMILY

No comments: