Tuesday 13 March 2007

Selling up

There are so many programmes on the TV about selling your home that I have been in an absolute tizz.

Since the New Year I have spent a lot of time getting our home ready for selling. It is amazing how much "stuff" you can accumulate. I have had to be ruthless, decluttering is not for the faint hearted! I have kept clothes for years, I even have the first formal dress that my Mum made for me when I was 17, admittedly it has seen a few makeovers in its long, long life, my daughter has even worn for a fancy dress outfit.

Trying to look at your home through a potential buyers eyes is a sobering experience and all those little jobs that you have put off for months now become must do jobs. All the woodwork has been painted, the garden fence has been replaced and everything else has been steam cleaned within an inch of its life. The house looks so damn good now it seems a shame to move!

No comments: