Tuesday 5 January 2010

Happy New Year

It seems to have been months since I've written anything. No special reason apart from the computer out in the conservatory has decided to have a hissy fit and refuse to acknowledge the fact that we are paying BT a King's ransom for broadband.


Claire thinks that it may be because there are too may walls between the box and the computer I take the non techie approach and try and fool it by quietly moving the dongler around until I get a signal then hurriedly stick it in position with Duck Tape. At the moment it is attached to the arm of the chair in front of the desk and providing I don't move, swivel or try and type the signal looks pretty good....dear god I am a loss to the world of IT help desks.....

Rather than swear and curse at the screen and resort to 'rebooting' the thing by fiddling with the plug (Dave's favourite method of computer maintenance) I have decamped with the laptop to the comparative warmth of the front bedroom and now all I have to put up with is Jess the cat walking across the keyboard, Murphy fast asleep on the bed snoring away and Bella sitting on the floor looking suspiciously at the strange dog in the mirrored wardrobe doors.

I hate those doors and I'm looking forward to the day that I can take a sledge hammer to them. They have really strange mirrors, just like the ones in the old Hall of Mirrors in Southport Fair. They make everything thing look twice as big as it really is, for instance I look a right little pudge in them when in fact I am a svelte 29 year old. They have to go!!!

No comments: