Tuesday 27 January 2009

The hidden dangers in a visit to the Dentist

Last week my dental hygienist sneezed and two days later I came down with a horrible cough and cold.  


I can't be sure that one discreet sneeze, which if I'm honest,  was behind my back and her mouth was covered by a mask, was responsible, but I'm still going to blame her - why? because I'm shallow and pathetic and feeling very sorry for myself - I've had my winter cold already - I don't deserve another one - it's not fair - why didn't she save her sneeze for the next patient who probably hasn't had a cold this winter and is due a snotty bug.

I should be enjoying the winter sunshine walking the dogs across the fields so Murphy can chase imaginary rabbits (bless!) and Bella can catch a ball and hide it for me to find (I think she might be a little confused about who is exercising who here!) - but instead I'm sitting here swaddled in woolly layers sipping hot fruit juice and popping paracetamol!

A little footnote to this rant - last night at 9pm Dave phoned me - we had a chat and were about to hang up when I realised that I couldn't remember what day it was, seriously I couldn't work out when I had seen him last and when he was due home next - can a mixture of a temperature, paracetamol, ibuprofen and a lack of sleep addle the brain or am I just loosing it?  It was about 10 minutes after our chat that I remembered that it was Monday and I had taken him to the airport that morning and he is due home on Friday - I don't know which upset me more, realising that I had forgotten, or it taking me so long to remember.

No comments: