Tuesday 29 May 2007

Wet Bank Holiday weekend


With the usual inevitability, May Bank Holiday was a complete wash out.

It was a shame because Graham and Janis came up to stay and we were hoping that we could have taken them out and about. We had planned to take a run through to Crosby to see the Antony Gormley Iron Men on the beach and then carry on through to Southport. But what the hell, a weekend of eating, drinking and chewing the fat was a very good alternative!!!

Last week, in between visits from various builders, handymen and Mormon missionaries, I managed to get quite a lot of writing done for Spanish Steps. I am tending to write , rewrite and edit all at the same time, not a good idea. (Note to Self - I must get more organised) My head fills with ideas, usually at about 4o'clock in the morning, then I frantically write it up longhand. In the cold light of day I then start trying to type it up and it is at this point that I realise I have gone off on a tangent.

Unless I can convince my readership that a retired gay civil servant from Southall, would open a bed and breakfast in Blackpool, meet and fall in love with a flamboyant Drag Artist and then retire out to Spain, I am stuffed!!!

No comments: